Thursday, September 11, 2008

Through the years

We all know how important the date 9/11 is. We all know what we were doing when that horrible thing happened 7 years ago. We were on a trip through Canada with our family when we saw the news on TV. Rick and I were babysitting the grandkids while the "big kids" were hiking to the top of Whistler's outside Jasper. We saw those images over and over and over again. So I know how terrible that date is for so many people.

Forgive me, though if I go back a few more years (43 in fact) to Sept. 11. My husband and I got married while we were still teenagers. We met at a wonderful little church camp, Hollow Rock, on the Ohio River. Rick grew up
going there and I started in the 4th grade. So, while I want to pay tribute to the people who perished on Sept. 11, 7 years ago, I also want to remember Sept. 11 as the most wonderful day of my life, 43 years ago, because I married my best friend!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I LOVE YOU RICK !!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Cherie (and Rick)! :) I hope you have a wonderful day together.

bean said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the pictures...and are you outside of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in the second one? I love that ride. :)