Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not Quite an In 'N Out, but Close, Very Close

We were sooooooo hungry for In 'N Out the other day. I'd mentioned that to Valerie Armstrong, a former co-worker one day and she told me about "Five Guys" which is as close as you can come to the famous In 'N Out. I did a search on Mapquest and located this one just north of Akron (about 35 miles from our home). The drive was well worth it. We mentioned to the guys behind the counter that we'd heard this was similar to our favorite burgers and they wanted our "feed back"...no pun intended. We knew it was going to be good when we had trouble finding a parking place and it was hardly 11:00. The place was packed. The place smelled like In 'N Out when we walked in; that was a good thing. We were sorry when our meal was over. We will be anxious to try it again. Thanks Val!




It says "burgers and fries", but they also have hot dogs. You can also have mushrooms on your burger and they offer grilled onions as well as raw. We went with the raw.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

bean said...

ok, i just added it to our list of places to go during our trip to ohio this summer. :) yum!

Scott and Val said...

You're welcome!!! So glad you enjoyed it! :-)

NEB said...

I've never understood the obsession of the ex-pat Californian for In 'N Out. I like The Habit better.

But you can still take me to Five Guys whenever we visit. I'm easy. :-)

Cherie said...

Nathan, Any time...you just let us know!

(You won't understand the obsession till you move away.:)

NEB said...

I rarely eat it while I'm here, so what's going to change if I move away?!?

:-)

Cherie said...

I was the same way, but you know the phrase "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" (or something like that).
I think the whole time we lived in CA, I could count my "Double Doubles" on one hand...

Domestically Inclined said...

Nothing like In n Out around here. We just order a double double when we have freinds that go visit CA, but it doesn't travel well to Idaho. Glad you enjoyed it! ANd yes, It does get tiring being the caregiver, but praise God for His strength.

Secrets -_- said...

Hellow,
I found your blog by google search - looking for Hollow Rock Camp. A friend showed me a photograph he found, it was a panoramic of what looked like a camp. I took the photo home to have a closer look (with a glass lupe) and discovered a very faint inscription on the back that read; Hollow Rock Camp, (then illegible), 1876. The picture shows various horse&carriages, and many tiny houses in rows and some tents and other structures. The pictures you posted looked very much like the ones in this picture, and I'm pretty sure, given the early dates of the camp and the date on the picture, that they are the same place. 1876 is of course a very, very old Matthew Brady era photograph, as well. Also amusing is that the picture found its way so far from home to the Northwest corner of the country in the Seattle area, but then so did I, as I too am from Ohio.

Secrets -_- said...

Hellow??

as in hollow I guess, good grief.

Cherie said...

Hellow to you Josie!

I'm sure it is the same camp; along the Ohio River. If you are ever back here, be sure to let me know and we can take a drive to the camp.