Monday, January 5, 2009

Bootu, the traveler



I wasn't going to put this on my blog, but in fairness to Bootu, who was so much a part of our lives for 12 years, it didn't seem fair not to mention him. He had epilepsy all his life, but with medication it was controlled till the last few months. We knew he was not doing well before we started our trip to California. By the time we arrived, we knew it was time to have him "put down". (I hate that term)! You can really tell when they are hurting...it's like they look at you with those big eyes and say "please"?
So, Boo did not make the trip back to Ohio with us, and we miss him.





On the road. Boo really loved to travel.


This is Boo in our hotel room.


This is Boo and Steve's dog, Ellie. Ellie couldn't understand why Boo didn't want to play.




A couple of days after Christmas, we went to see "Marley and Me"; a big mistake.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shanzanne said...

Oh Cherie... I'm so sorry. Those pictures look so much like our old Lab, Beau, who I had to put down the day before Christmas about 7 years ago. I've decided not to see Marley & Me... so I don't think I'm over Beau yet! My heart goes out to you. I'm sure it's not fun returning home without Bootu. I'm glad you had Christmas with your family! Love to you both,
Shannon & Adi (Deana should have a card with a pic for you)

Ebeth said...

Sorry your dog wasn't able to make the return trip with you