Saturday, January 17, 2009

Did we move to Alaska?

It's hard to believe, but we've been living in Ohio now for almost 4 years. This is the coldest weather I can ever remember being in, although they are saying it is not a record. I can't imagine anything colder than this. There are times that I think it's even too cold to snow. When it's 12 degrees below zero, the snow is more like glitter. We are looking forward to a warm-up. By Monday it's supposed to be in the 20s. Woohoo!!!


This is our driveway


A warm welcome is extended to any hearty souls who would like to visit!


Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


Normally there would be kids sledding out here, but I think they'll
wait till it gets above zero. Maybe then I'll join them !
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi! I just happened upon your blog and thought I'd say hello. You have a lovely family. Thanks for sharing it!

Joyful said...

It looks cold but so beautiful! Has it really been 4 years?? Wow!

Missy said...

What beautiful property! Is that your house? I love it! The one thing that would be handy, for living in snow 5 months a year is a HILL in your yard. You are so lucky.

Mommy Roth said...

Absolutely beautiful! Being snowed in sounds like fun! Hot chocolate?

sofa_queen said...

Hi, Cherie!
It's Sophie, writing from London! It's so great to be able to be in touch with you all from all the way over here, and to see all the pictures of everyone! (The snow looks wonderful, I haven't seen ANY all season, and I miss it!) Please give my love to anyone you are in contact with, and let's catch up!
Love,
Sophie xox
P.S. I've just added you and Todd on facebook!

Ebeth said...

I'd say, Looks cool, but after looking at that and more you're probably wishing for some of that global warming to roll in