Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sisters




I have 2 sisters. One lives very close to me (after a separation of almost 35 years) the other one still lives in California. Some day, she will see the light and move back home to Ohio.

Today is my California sister's birthday. I was thinking about her this morning and remembering the day she was born. She and I are almost 4 years apart, so I don't really remember the day she was born, but I recall seeing pictures of very soon after she was brought home from the hospital. In those days, new mothers had the luxury of staying in the hospital for close to a week. So I stayed with Grandma while our mom was in the hospital with a newborn. I was the oldest of the grandchildren, so I had Grandma's undivided attention for the whole time. I don't remember, but I'm sure I loved it! The earliest pictures I can remember of us showed Grandma and our parents holding you. I was in the picture also, but I did not look very happy. In fact, I looked pretty mean, and not nice at all. (hard to imagine, eh?)

Well, I just wanted to tell my sister "Happy Birthday" and I'm very sorry for all the years that we were not close. I'm not proud of the big sister I've been to you, but you've been very forgiving and for that I'm grateful. I adore you and I am so proud of the person you have become!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Essex said...

Thanks, Cher. I loved it.

That was very kind and sweet.

I miss everyone...someday!

Cherie said...

I'm feeling very homesick for you Deb. Yes...someday!