Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Festivities

 
 
 
 
Every year the Canton Symphony Orchestra (yes...we have one and it's very good) puts on a concert in the park. It seems like most all of Canton turns out for it. We have a great city bus system. It picks us up at the mall and deposits us right at the McKinley Park, named for President McKinley, a Canton native. We usually always run into someone we recognize. The weather was perfect...warm but not humid. This year we took a picnic of Kentucky Fried Chicken. My folks went with us. We enjoyed the concert which always ends with the William Tell Overture, then waited for the fireworks display. It didn't start till 10:00 since it stays so light this far north. The buses were waiting for us so we had no crowds to fight on the way home.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough said...

That sounds like so much fun, and even better to be able to take a bus and not have to fight the post-firework traffic!

I love the picture of you and Rick - it's a great picture! :)

~Laina

Kate Alesso said...

Sounds like a classic 4th of July! How fun.

You don't know me--I was just stopping by & thought it would be weird to comment, but I saw your request at the top and thought, "Hey, why not?"

So here's me, stopping by to say hi. :) I know Sean & Mo, Marcella, and Jay & Jen (who I don't see linked on your blog--do you know her?). Anyway, I go to Master's and return home to WA in the "off season."

It's so nice to run into other believers' blogs. In fact, I'm already checking out "Domestically Inclined" from your blog! :)

Cherie said...

Nice to meet you, Grace Girl. Yes, it's nice to meet other believers on blogs! I know several Jen's. Which one were you refering to?