Friday, July 25, 2008

Friends are Friends Forever!

This was Beverly Kay and me dressed up for our 8th grade graduation. I'm the one on the right. Here are Pete, Beverly, me and Rick at our last reunion. I feel so fortunate to have found them again! I was right, wasn't I? We haven't changed at all!
Today I'm expecting a visit from my oldest friend. We were in grade school, jr. high and the first 2 years of high school together. After we were both married and starting families, we lost track of each other. It was my fault....we moved to California for many years and I just lost track. We were so close, we were like Lucy and Ethel. (I was Lucy and she was the very practical Ethel...no surprises there)! We double dated together...these were pre-Rick days. Her boyfriend's name was Pete. Over the years I wondered what ever happened to her. I would sometimes look them up on white pages.com, but I'd forgotten that Pete was a nicname and his real name was Gary. Once we moved back to Ohio, by some miracle, I located some old friends who knew where my friend was and told her I was looking for her. She called one night and we talked and talked. We decided to get together for dinner one night when she and Pete were spending time in Amish country; one of their favorite places as well. What a reunion we had! We told each other how we had not changed at all. LOL


What makes this reunion so wonderful is that they are Christians and we have so much more in common now. As I was typing this, a song came up on my playlist; Michael W Smith singing "Friends are Friends Forever". So, that will be the name of this post.

1 comment:

bean said...

Hi, Cherie! Thanks for the sweet comment about our kidlets! I like them. :) Hallie is due October 11th, and I'd really be happy to not be late this time around - the sooner this is done sounds good to me. :) I'm back feeling pretty sick consistently, but I'm 29 weeks, so I've only got about 2 1/2 months left. I'm hanging in there. :)

By the way, I loved that picture of you and your friend from 8th grade - you're so cute! Love you!

Mo