Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update for Yesterday's Hearing

Yesterday was a trying day for us; it's hard with the 3 hour time difference. We spent the whole day just sort of wandering around the house, looking at the clock and wondering what was happening. Steve called at about 7:30 last evening which was just 4:30 for him. He was already home and had talked with the kids. Once again, we have seen God's protective hand on this family. Nothing has changed other than visitation days being tweaked a bit. The children are to be with Steve EVERY Sunday now, so they will be able to be in church each week. In the past, it's been every other Sunday. Tracy will have the kids about the same amount of time as before, but with school beginning in a few weeks, some modifications have been made. This will also allow the kids to remain active in Awana and their soccer. My prayer all along has been for them to have a "normal" life (as normal as it can be with a Mother who is living a sinful lifestyle and tries to get the children to accept what she is doing as normal) and feel loved and secure. How sad that they would ever have to hear a parent call them "brats" and tell them they "need to grow up,stop acting like children, and start accepting the situation". Thankfully, Steve is there for damage control.

I have heard that "someone" may look at my blog from time to time and is not pleased with the picture I have painted of this situation. Nothing I have ever said is untrue. I have tried to come across as loving even after all that has happened. After the children, my concern is for the person living in sin. I would hope and pray that she would acknowledge her sin and turn from it. I know this marriage is over and I have accepted that. But she is still a person in need of a savior. No one is sinless. But to continue in sin with no thought of how it is grieving our Heavenly Father, all the people who have loved her over the years, and to see how it has hurt her children...I just don't get it. I shouldn't be too surprised, because I was told on Christmas Day that "I'm not conviced that the kids are the most important things in my life. After all, I have to be happy for them to be happy". Maybe the truth in this is that she never was happy because she didn't really have a saving relationship with our Savior, and that's where our "true happiness" comes from. So I will continue to pray that she will find the source of happiness.




Happy Boy Jake



Jake and Papa



Elizabeth (Sis)




Sis and Papa

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough said...

*I thought that I posted this yesterday, but I accidentally minimized the window when I had an interruption, and I never actually posted the comment - oops!

I was checking obsessive about checking your blog yesterday for updates, but then I couldn't type because I had Elise in my arms. But I am so thankful to the Lord for all that He is doing! I am so thankful that He continues to care for Steve in such an obvious way, and that He continues to protect the children the way that He has been doing. I am also continuing to pray that the Lord would open Tracy's eyes to Who He is and to all that He is doing in the lives of Steve and the kids, and that she would see her desperate need for Christ!

It breaks my heart to read the way that Tracy seems to twist things to, in a sense, put the burden of blame upon the children as she tries to force them to embrace her choices. I have a parent who has spent the past 30 years doing this and it doesn't benefit him in any way - and he and I have a shallow relationship at best. I don't have animosity towards him, but at the same time I don't see him often (he moved to Idaho when I was quite young) and we wouldn't let him have time alone with our children - we have to be there. He and I have outwardly decent conversations when we do talk to each other, but he always throws in bitter comments, directed at me, that I just pretend to ignore. Anyway, reading about Tracy's comments to the kids made me pray even harder, because I don't want to see that sort of future for them or for Tracy.

The Lord has shown that He will continue to take care of Steve and the kids, and I pray that will be something that convicts Tracy and brings her to life in Christ.