Friday, May 9, 2008

Favorite Day of the Week!





Well, today is Friday. Friday has always been my favorite day of the week (except for Sunday, of course). When I used to work at Grace to You it was always a super busy day getting ready for the weekend. It made the day fly, and Rick and I would almost always stop for a nice dinner and go to the mall or a movie; if something good was playing. Usually all of us girls at work were in a "party mood" on Friday.
We would sometimes send one of the girls out to pick up salads from Claim Jumper. I think our favorite was the California Citrus. It's fun to think back on those days. I miss the girls I used to work with. Rita has done such a great job of taking over for me. When I had a chance to visit several weeks ago, we were able to have a nice lunch together with Jeanne. I find myself thinking about her a lot these days. I keep thinking of something I need to tell her, and then I remember she's not here any more, but is in a much better place. Heaven certainly seems more real to me knowing she is there.

2 comments:

Domestically Inclined said...

Wow, thanks for the link!
Sounds like those were great times. I too miss friends that have gone home to be with Jesus. Thank you Lord we will all be together soon! Keep looking up!

Domestically Inclined said...
This comment has been removed by the author.