Friday, May 2, 2008

God has never left His Throne!


Boy!!! What trying times these have been for the Draa family. Anyone who reads my little blog knows what has been going on with us for the past 6 months. We just had a phone call from Steve and the "gang" after his court appearance. Steve said it was like the courtroom had a revolving door for him. He walked in, the judge said "this paperwork has been read, it's ridiculous that this was brought before me, it never should have happened...it's over and nothing is on your record". Steve said "do you want to hear anything from me?" The answer was "NO". So, this horrible ordeal is overwith.(now on to the next part). Elizabeth and Jacob were allowed in the courtroom if they promised to be quiet. I guess they agreed to that, because they didn't want to leave their Dad.
I know God is teaching us many things through this trial. I know I have learned to lean completely on God, more so than any time in my life. I was watching Dr. Manny on Fox news this morning. He was talking about different things that can cause a person's heart to seem older than our actual age. One of the things is stress. He said "if you are under stress, you can add 10-20 years to your actual age". If that's the case, I guess I am now nearly 80 years old! (not really)
I think now I'll relax with a cup of hot tea! Thanks to all who have been praying for me. I really sense your prayers!

4 comments:

Last Post said...

Cherie, we just got home and I decided to sneak up here to check for updates. God is so awesome and so wonderful!! That is the exact outcome that Jeremy and I prayed for last night, that God would give wisdom to the judge and that he would see the charges to be ridiculous and without merit...so I'm kind of in shock that the judge said exactly that (and that's sin on my part - I should not be shocked that God answered specific prayer, if I was truly trusting Him while praying!). I am so thankful for what He has done, and for His protection and care over Steven, the children, and all of you! And God has been gracious to teach me mightily in this as well about praying specifically and trusting Him even more. I don't ever doubt that He can do anything and everything, but I guess I always wonder if I'm praying in accordance to His will and for that reason I don't often pray as specifically as I ought, if that makes any sense.

I am so very, very thankful for God's work and protection today! Thank you for posting an update!

Laina

wagamama said...

Praise God! You really earned that cup of tea. If stress adds 10-20 years, I think a good cup of chai can take off 10-20 too. :)

Domestically Inclined said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my site, and I praise God you found encouraging words there, especially since I came to your site and found you going through storms in life yourself. I know that my Jesus will never leave me or forsake me! He is a strong tower in the storms of life and I can find shelter in under the shadow of His wings. And waht a blesing it is to be able to lay all our concerns at His feet and know that He is in control! Romans 8:28 Prayers...Domestically Inclined

Mommy Roth said...

Just wanted to say that you are so cute! And since red is my favorite color to decorate with I just love the striped cushions on your lounge chairs. Wish I could come join you for coffee and chat. We will continue to pray for your family and are so glad that Rick and your Dad could come out for a visit.
Lots of love, Elizabeth